10 Easy Ways to Create a Effective Social Media Strategy
Does you business have a documented and effective social media strategy? If not, you aren't alone. In This Article, I will give you 10 easy ways to create a effective social media strategy so you can create a purposeful social media marketing strategy so that everyone knows you name.
So are you ready to go?
You feel lost in how you approach social media marketing, you’re not alone.
Many business owners see the potential of marketing on social media, but they don’t even know how to start – much less how to develop a solid strategy.
Why do You Need to Create a Social Media Strategy?
A effective social media strategy defines how your organization will use social media to achieve its communications aims and the supporting platform and tools it will use to achieve this.
It isn’t a detailed plan of action – you’ll also need a plan but without a clear strategy, how do you prioritize the activities for a plan? Think strategy first, plan second.
Even if you’re not actively involved in social media, other businesses are, including your competitors and most likely a significant proportion of your customers.
Failing to understand that this is where many people hold conversations means you’re not part of the discussion, and you can’t influence what happens.
Ask Yourself Why Do I Need a Coherent Social Media Strategy and Plan?
- The social web still is growing fast
- Purchasing decisions are influenced by social media
- Lack of strategy hands the advantage to competitors
- Your customers are active on social media
- There are key influencers in every social network
- Reputations can be enhanced or destroyed on social networks
Why do you need a Social Media Strategy?
Deciding how to connect with a customer is not a tactical decision, it requires strategic thinking.
Social needs to align with the other communication channels so its role is defined and understood, and there are processes and tools in place to cope with demand.
If you let a social marketing team simply get on with it, without the strategic vision above it, you risk inefficiency and inaccuracy.
So lets get started creating a social media strategy so that everyone know your name.
Step 1: Knowing Your Brand will Create a Effective Social Media Strategy
Every brand needs a voice, personality, and sense of character.
Maybe your brand is serious, straight-laced, and emoji-free?
Make a list of how you want to be perceived when interacting with a brand.
Are you supporting and encouraging or sensational and bold?
Consider the following points before your rebrand moves into more practical implementation, to make sure all your decisions are reflecting the brand identity you're aiming for, and not just based off what looks good:
How to Identify your new business identity.
- Brand refresh
- What is Your Sound
- Create a Brand around Your Personal Brand
- What story do I want my brand to tell?
- Who is my audience?
- What is my brand’s long-term goal?
- How adaptable and future-proof is my design?
- How do I differ from my competitors?
Step 2: Goal Stetting is the foundation for successful Social Media Strategy
It’s a smart business practice to start with goal setting before all new plans, and social media marketing’s no different.
After all, you can be the best bicycle salesperson in the state, but still fail if you are supposed to be selling ice cream.
Use the SMART goal setting strategy to create the foundation for successful social media marketing.
- Specific. Vague goals like “get more business” doesn’t help companies pinpoint their objective and create measures of success. Goals must nail down exactly what is expected of the initiative.
- Measurable. Being able to definitively answer “yes, we hit the goal” or “we missed the goal by 20%” is a good goal standard.
- Attainable. Out of reach goals are demoralizing and frustrating. Having to stretch to hit a goal is productive, but don’t go overboard with expectations.
- Relevant. A social media marketing goal needs to tie in to marketing’s overall goal. Is it to build an audience? Increase website traffic? Strengthen branding? Make sure the goal relates to the bigger picture.
- Timely. Dates and times keep companies accountable to their goals. Stay on track by breaking up a large project like this into mini-goals that each have their own deadline.
Once companies set the goal, which is basically the “why”, they need to decide on the “who”.
Step 3: Your Effective Social Media Marketing Strategy must Analyze Your Competition
The ability to identify your competition in business, analyze their strengths and weaknesses, and then determine how your company measures up in comparison is an essential business strategy.
Interestingly enough, the first part to that strategy is the one where so many companies fall short—identifying the right competition.
You could really hurt your company by spending a lot of money trying to beat out a business that isn’t a good comparison to your business, so it’s important to get the first step right before making any changes to your company to better “compete.”
Below is a list of 5 ways to identify your company’s true competition.
Learn how to do this now and reduce your risk of failure later on in your marketing strategy!
Then consider their content.
- What’s catching people’s attention?
- What’s getting a lot of reactions?
- What type of paid ads are they running?
- What influencers are they connecting with?
- What is their approach to selling or generating leads?
You can save yourself a lot of time by getting a sense of what’s already working, then using those ideas in your own campaigns.
Step 4: How to Choose Your Platforms to have Effective Social Media Marketing Strategy
So I bet You are asking which social media sites you should use.
You should choose the social networks that best fit your strategy and the goals you want to achieve on social media.
You don’t have to be on them all just the ones that matter to you and your audience.
Some things to consider that can help you choose not only which social networks to try but also how many to try.
Audience – Where do your potential customers hang out?
Which social network has the right demographics?
Time – How much time can you devote to a social network? Plan on at least an hour per day per social network, at least at the start.
Resources – What personnel and skills do you have to work with? Social networks like Facebook emphasize quality content.
Do you have the resources to create what’s needed?
Here are Some thing ways to Update your digital presence:
Don’t forget to implement crucial changes in places that are often neglected:
- Fill out your profiles completely
- Find your marketing voice and tone
- Pick your posting strategy
- Set a Content Strategy
- Analyze, test, and iterate
- Automate, engage, and listen
- Test something new
Step 5: To Create a Effective Social Media Strategy You Must Know Your Buyer
Who is your Buyer? When you know this, you'll be able to attract high-value visitors, leads, and customers to your business who you'll be more likely to retain over time.
More specifically, having a deep understanding of your buyer is critical to driving content creation, product development, sales follow up, and really anything that relates to customer acquisition and retention.
“Okay, so personas are really important to my business. But … how do I actually make one?”
Before you can grow any business, you need to first get crystal clear on who you are even speaking to.
People buy our products and/or services to solve a problem, overcome a challenge or get the result they want faster, easier and cheaper.
- You need to drill hole. So you buy a drill.
- You need to lose weight. So you go on a diet and buy supplements.
- You have physical pain. So maybe you buy some ibuprofen.
Most likely the products and services you want to sell solve some problem or challenge for your customers.
So take the time right now and think about your ideal client.
What specific problems, challenges and pain do they have that they need to solve that your product or service can help them with?
Most likely there may be quite a few. Some bigger than others. Some more dire than others.
I can not stress enough how important doing some research on this can be for your business!
Start by brainstorming ALL of their possible problems, challenges and pain.
Your next step would be to do some research.
- Who are the top authors, the top publications, top blogs, websites, brands and influencers.
- Review their websites, books, articles and blogs.
- What problems, challenges and pain do they focus on?
- What questions do their audience ask?
- Which posts of theirs are liked, commented on and shared the most?
These are all clues as to what the market needs and wants. And these are the topics you should be focused on as well.
You can still research deeper. Check out Facebook groups, forums and communities around these topics.
Start by researching who are the leading authorities in your specific market or nich
Step 6: How to Create Content Plan to Have Effective Social Media Strategy
How to Create Content Plan.
Are you struggling with creating an effective social media marketing strategy?
One that both fits in with your schedule and still provides massive value to your audience on a consistent basis?
If you’re just starting out and feel a bit overwhelmed (and excited) about all of the potential possibilities, but you just can’t figure out where to start or how to put the pieces together, well you are in the right place!
I will be sharing my top advice for creating a highly effective marketing strategy that works no matter which social media channel you primarily use for your business. Are You Ready?
One of the best things you can do before even getting started is to sit down and really map out exactly what it is you want to accomplish.
It is incredibly easy to get lost in the sea of social media and you want to be sure you use your time and efforts wisely.
Who Is Your Target Market and How Can You Solve Their Problems
- Get Crystal Clear on What Your Product or Opportunity Does
- Get Crystal Clear On WHO is Most Likely to Buy Your Product
- Find Out Where They Hang Out Most Online
- What's the Purpose of Your Social Media Content?
- Start Engaging with others
Step 7: How to find the Perfect Tools To Have a Killer
Social Media Strategy
As all marketers know by now, social media is a great way to for businesses to have fun, but also produce real, measurable, results that impact a business' bottom line.
This is where you figure out how you slice up the paid, earned, and owned category.
Social paid is a must – and it doesn’t have to break the bank.
Maybe the combo looks something like this:
Increase your results and once a week boost a featured Facebook post. According to Joe Youngblood, wait a few days before boosting a Facebook post. Let it publish organically and then boost.
- Introduce a branded hashtag and start using across social platforms.
- Publicize in bios and posts.
- Encourage influencers to use the hashtag.
- Promote hashtag across social platforms, emails, ads and even social media covers and captions.
Here are a few tools can ensure that your social media strategy properly aligns with your business' goals and objectives:
Edgar is more than just a tool for the basic scheduling of content. Although sites like Hootsuite and Buffer can be great for the general purpose of arranging posts, there's still a concern within social media marketing in how many users are getting a look at your content.
All social media platforms are highly visual in nature and great content calls for great imagery.
Now, some brands and some posts in particular do require the work of a graphic designer, but some content and images don't need to be absolutely stunning, they just need to be aesthetically pleasing, and Canva allows the busy social media marketer to make appealing visuals quickly and easily.
One of the keys to social media success is sharing relevant content that is not always yours and Buzzsumo is one of the best tools on the web when it comes to finding the most popular content.
This WordPress plugin easily allows for A/B testing headlines against each other.
Once the plugin is installed, you'll notice that there are multiple spaces for titles on any post you create.
Kingsumo will randomly serve the titles to website visitors whenever possible until it determines which headline is the most effective. Statistics show that excellent titles can increase traffic to posts by over 50%!
With the help of Kingsumo, you can be sure that you're sharing the best headline with your fans and increasing traffic to your post.
Influencers are a big part of most social media marketing strategies and the goal is usually to connect with them, establish a relationship, and get them to share your content, products, services, etc. Finding the right influencers, however, can be tricky.
That's where tools such as Inkybee come in. Inkybee lets you search for top bloggers in your niche on all major social networks.
This is another tool that focuses on finding influencers to follow, but with a twist. Instead of just searching for a keyword, you can upload a file with a blog post or add a link to a published blog post.
Onalytica scans your content, defines the theme, and returns influencers appropriate for your followers.
For social media marketers, Bitly is a great tool to help shorten links and make posts more aesthetically pleasing.
For platforms like Twitter, where character count is limited, Bitly makes it easy to save valuable space that would normally be occupied by lengthy links.
Step 8: Effective Social Media Strategy You need Social Media Engagement.
How to Boost Social Media Engagement?
What is the purpose of social networking in a corporate field?
How do make your brand stand out? and be
How can You be one of the most attractive brands?
Well, that could be a quick way of looking at it.
But if we delve into the bigger picture, it’s more about making a powerful connection with your online audience.
They are the ones you can inspire. It’s about assuring them that you are out there for them. Your brand value their loyalty.
They can trust your social content and brand voice.
Building a strong relationship with your audience can be difficult. It may take a lot of time to develop.
Your competitors are trying to do the same.
You need smart social media tactics to make sure you’re better than your competitors.
Here are some useful social media engagement ideas to embrace your audience.
Understand Your Target Audience
First things first understand your brand and the target audience.
- Use Demographics that suit your brand.
- Use content that talks your followers likes.
- Use concerned content about yourself
- Use product/service the your audience most interested in?
- Talk to to your buyer
- Offer Value
- Use Hashtags to Hash it out.
- Conduct media upload contests
- Prioritize Social Listening
- Rally reviewers.
- Showcase customers, partners, and employees.
- Use an engaging images
Step 9: Timing is Everything in a Social Media Strategy
Timing is everything! One day late is a dollar lost.
In social media, you need to show up to the party early and never late.
This means researching industry dates for conference and events.
Look up tie-ins to seasons, days or official months.
If you’re already using social media, take stock of your efforts so far. Ask yourself the following questions:
- What’s working, and what’s not?
- Who is engaging with your?
- Which networks does your target audience use?
- How does your social media presence compare to the competition?
Once you collect that information, you’ll be ready to start thinking about ways to improve.
Step 10: How to Use Facebook as Part of Your Social Media Strategy
Facebook is the number of social media platforms. It is difficult – to impossible – to get content to show up organically.
Facebook made a shift in 2018 that heavily favors personal over branded content.
This means to maximize your exposure, you’ll need to boost posts and sponsor some of your content.
To boost posts, you don’t need a huge budget. Just enough to give them a bump in people’s feeds.
As you develop content and discover what gets more reactions, focus your budget there.
How to Use Facebook is Your Social Media Strategy
Best Facebook Your practices in 2020
- Create a captivating profile
- Craft a relevant ‘about’ page
- Post live videos
- Create eye-catching pictures
- Ask questions
- Use eye catching images
- Create engaging content
- Create a reliable posting strategy
Facebook Mistakes to Avoid:
- Posting Too Little or Too Often
- Lack of Personality
- Ignoring Posts to Your Page/Responding Unprofessionally
- Posting Irrelevant Content
- Pay Attention to the Text or Image Attached to a Link
- NEVER Post You Tube to Facebook
- Lack of comments
- Posting Only Self-Promotional Content
- Using Bad Grammar
How to Use Facebook Groups for Profit in 2020
- Engage with Members
- Introduce yourself
- Introduce Yourself with Administrator
- Create engaging post
- Ask questions
In Conclusion, A Successful Effective Social Media Strategy is exactly
what you need for your business to grow.
Social media marketing can be a dynamic powerhouse that solidifies branding, creates quality leads, and drives sales.
Or, it can be a big time-wasting, task-oriented dud.
The key is to know how to strategically create, carry out, and measure the overall plan.
Businesses trying to achieve successful social media marketing must overcome several common challenges.
Carving out enough time, creating high-performing content, and properly measuring the resulting metrics are all aspects that, if handled incorrectly, can tank the plan and leave them with a big goose egg as the outcome.
Don’t do that!
With some planning, companies are more likely to reach and exceed the payoff that got them excited about social media marketing in the first place.
Get You Free
Social Media Strategy Session
FREE PDF DOWNLOAD
I Love to Connect Business Minded People that Inspire Me.
Txt me @ 5122894388
Email: [email protected]
Facebook: Camille Tyler Coaching
LinkedIn: Camille Tyler
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel:
P.S. If You are looking for Limitless Leads DMO
(Unless you have too many leads already)
See Ya Next Time! — Camille
Get Your Social Media Presence on Facebook Rock'in & Roll'in
- Make Over you Personal Facebook Timeline so People Reach out to You
- Start Attracting Leads and Sales all from your Personal Profile
- I Will look over Your Social media & Show you how You Can improve your social media presence.
- Never Worry What to post on Facebook ever again.